Thursday, September 19, 2013

Flannel Friday - Socks!

I took over PJ Story Time while Miss Carol was on vacation this week, and decided we needed to read some books about warm, fuzzy socks!


This felt set is for a matching game for toddlers and preschoolers.  I gave every child one sock, and they had to bring it up to the board and find its match.  Thank goodness I had exactly 8 children!




I just used Google images to find an easy sock outline, and the decorating was easy, using felt and puffy paint.  The cloud socks are for Miss Kristie, and I think Miss Sue would enjoy the fuzzy gold ones :)  My personal favorites are the dinosaurs!

If you wanted to make a ton of them for a large group, this would be an easy task to give to a crafty volunteer!

Bonus:

I shamelessly stole this from Storytime with Miss Tara and Friends - it was too cute to pass up!  Here's my take on Ducks Don't Wear Socks by John Nedwidek:

2 comments: