Friday, January 10, 2014

Flannel Friday - Mama and Baby Matching Game

A "Bears" theme is perfect for a winter story time. Here's a simple matching game for babies and toddlers - can you help Baby Bear find his Mama?

I borrowed this idea from Mel's Desk, see her version here.  The idea is to place several "mommy" animals, including a bear, on the flannel board, and then help the babies to find their mommies.

To save time, I actually borrowed premade "mommies" from a Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? storytelling kit that we purchased years ago from Lakeshore.  I just chose the largest pieces, and then made felt babies to match.


Baby Bear, where is your Mama?
There she is!

And here is a close-up of my babies.  I just drew them freehand, based on clipart I found using Google images.  They are outlined in black Sharpie marker, and I added googly eyes.  And voila!
 
 
Big thanks to Future Librarian Superhero for hosting Flannel Friday this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment